Register for ABC Head Start
HOW TO APPLY:
- Click here to download the HEAD START REGISTRATION form.
- Save it to your computer, fill in the information and remember to save it.
- Return the completed application form, registration form, and your eligibility documents (listed on the front page of the registration form) to us:
- by emailing to email@example.com. Please put your child's name in the Subject Line of the email when you are submitting documents.
- by mailing to ABC Head Start, c/o Jerry Forbes Centre, 12122 – 68 Street, Edmonton, AB, T5B 1R1
- Please note: Copies of Eligibility documents listed on the registration form are required to process your application. Please make sure copies are clear or processing time will be delayed, colour copies work best.
- Low Income Eligibility
- If you require assistance completing the forms, call us at 780-461-5353, Ext 242.
Processing Timelines: Due to the volume of applications received, processing times are approximately 2 - 3 weeks. If you have not received any notice after 4 weeks, please call us and we will check the status of your application.
To access ABC Head Start Boundary Map click here Boundary Map
To calculate income eligibility click here Income Eligibility
We look forward to meeting your family and thank you for your interest in ABC Head Start!
IMPORTANT NOTICE effective April 19, 2018: Alberta Education Deputy Minister Eligibility Update for Children Accepted for 2018-19:
One of the changes established by the School Amendment Act, 2017 is a common age of entry to Kindergarten namely, 5 years of age by December 31 of the school year. This change will come into effect in the 2020/21 school year.
To ensure alignment through the Early Childhood Services (ECS) system as a whole, the age of funding eligibility for specific groups of children will be changed starting in the 2018/19 school year. This ensures all children within the ECS system will meet the requirement of being 5 years of age by December 31, 2020 to attend Kindergarten.
Similar changes will occur in the 2019/20 Funding Manual for School Authorities as the age of funding eligibility is aligned for ECS children with a mild/moderate disability/delay, ECS children who are gifted and talented and ECS children with English as a second language. In those cases, the age of funding eligibility will change from 3 years 6 months to 3 years 8 months in the 2019/20 school year.
Community Agencies Referrals ONLY:
- To complete a referral on behalf of a child and family, contact ABC Head Start after you have completed the application form, registration form, and photocopied the eligibility documents.
- Contact Nadira Barre, Family Engagement Coordinator directly by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (780) 461-5353 Extension 242.
- Download the application and registration forms. Save to your computer to complete the information and email the application, registration, and copies of the eligibility documents. Put the child's name in the Subject Line of the email.
- You can print out the form, fill out the information, provide proof of eligibility and mail it to ABC Head Start, c/o Jerry Forbes Centre, 12122 – 68 Street, Edmonton, AB, T5B 1R1.
Head Start programming is available for half-days only on Tuesday to Friday from September through June.
If you’d like to join us at an upcoming Family Resource Fair, visit our Facebook Page for more details.
Transportation may be available for your child within your community. If you live outside of the bussing boundaries, you must commit to providing transportation for the entire school year if your child is registered into the Head Start program.
Contact your transportation provider to report an absence if your child will not be on the bus. Also, call the classroom and notify them that your child will be away.
Southland – 780-466-9696 Stock - 780-960-0753
ADDITIONAL PARENT INFORMATION:
- Parent Handbook is available upon request
- Choosing Child Care
Links to other Early Learning programs (or call 211)