Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is an elected group of individuals whose responsibility it is to set organizational direction, to ensure necessary resources and to provide oversight. The Board sets ABC Head Start Society policy and direction and monitors effectiveness and efficiency of the agency through the Executive Director and the Leadership team.
Meet Our Board
- Scott Cuthbert, Board Chair
- Aileen Campbell, Treasurer
- Chaylene Gallagher, Director
- Tibetha Kemble, Director
- Raina Rudko, Director
- Rita Melo, Director
We would like to acknowledge the following retiring Directors for their volunteerism in 2017/2018. Thank you for your time and continued support of ABC Head Start Society.
Cyril Balitbit, Shirley Guest, Joyce Purdy, Aimee Caster, and Ashlyn Bernier
Are you interested in joining a Board?
ABC Head Start Society is currently accepting applications from individuals who are interested in joining our Board of Directors.
This individual will work collaboratively with the Executive Director, and the other board members. The Board has three major areas of responsibility; its governance role, finance and the fundraising task force. Previous Board experience is not required; however, we are looking for Board members who are passionate and committed to the children, families and employees at ABC Head Start Society.
ABC Head Start Society is a registered charity which has been committed to promoting and supporting strong children, families, and communities in Edmonton Metro Region for over 30 years. We know that by giving children the best possible early learning and development opportunities in life, we ensure the future well-being and prosperity of our families and communities.
Children and families thrive as actively engaged citizens of strong and inclusive communities.
Opening doors for children and families by building strong foundations in the early years.
- Fostering children’s healthy and appropriate development in the early years.
- Fostering the well-being and resiliency of families.
- Fostering the capacity of communities to support children and families.
- Building internal capacity and enhancing services to increase social impact.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of ABC Head Start Society
- Responsibility, along with Executive Director for the overall plan of the organization
- Willingness to serve of committees
- Ability to assist with fund development, building corporate partnerships
- Attendance at quarterly Board meetings
- Involvement of sub-committee meetings: Finance, Governance Committee, Funding Task Force
- Represent ABC Head Start Society at external events if required
- Attendance at the Annual General Meeting
- Is an active relationship builder
- An agency ambassador
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong Communicator
- Planning Ability
- Community connections
- Networking Ability
- Business acumen
Board meetings are held quarterly; meeting duration is less than 2.5 hours. Additional time may be required for other volunteer roles taken.
Board members work on the Board of Directors for at least three years and no more than six consecutive years. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply, email your résumé and a cover letter: ABC Head Start Society- Community & Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com . Please include the job title in the Subject Line of the email.
ABC Head Start Society thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.