For Parents and Community Agencies
2017/2018 Registration Information
Welcome to ABC Head Start. We are accepting applications for the 2017/2018 school year until the end of January. For more information, please click on the links below. Please complete your application and send your eligibility documents to the Administration Office. You can also visit the boundary map tab to see if you live within the catchment area of programming offered through ABC Head Start.
- Eligibility Criteria 2017/2018 School Year
- We have still have some spaces available. Please send an email with your completed application and eligibility documents to email@example.com. You can also contact the Administration Office at (780) 461-5353 if you would like to complete an application over the telephone. You will be contacted once we have received all of the information. Your application and eligibility documents will be sent to the site location in your catchment area.
- We still have spaces at West Campus, Duggan, and McKee Program Sites.
- Applications for Millwoods and North Campuses will be put on a waiting list as both locations are now full.
- Due to the high volume of inquiries and applications, we are trying to contact families to follow up on your inquiry. Once the information is reviewed, we will let you know ansd contact you and let you know and send the information to the site in your catchment area.
Please watch our video about Family Events that we hold from March to May each year:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO APPLY:
To Download the application:
- Please click here: APPLICATION Form (Mar 2017) - writeable document 240 KB.
- Save it to your computer to enter the information. Please print the application and send it to the Administration Office.
Ensure that you also have the required eligibility documents as we need to review the information.
Eligibility Documents Required:
- Income verification (2016 Notice of Assessment OR 2016 T4 OR letter of employment OR recent paystubs (60 days or 2 months) OR Income Supports Documents, OR Confirmation of Adult Student Status with confirmation letter from the school, grant disbursement document and school ID OR Self-employment documents which include a financial statement). Please note that you can bring a copy of the 2016 Tax Summary if you have submitted your taxes for all adults in the household.
- Child’s Alberta Health Care card
- Child’s Birth Certificate OR Passport OR
- Citizenship papers (If your child is not a Canadian citizen, you will also be required to show your citizenship papers.)
You can email, fax or mail the information to the Administration Office once Registration Events have finished in your area.
- Email: save a copy of your completed Application Form on your computer and send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put your child's name in the Subject Line of the email when you are submitting documents.
- Fax your completed Application to: 780-469-0423
- Mail your completed Application to: ABC Head Start, 9829 – 103 Street, Edmonton, AB T5K 0X9
***Please note: Copies of Eligibility documents listed above are required to process your application.***
Please call us if you have any questions or need assistance filling out this form at 780-461-5353 Ext 242. We look forward to meeting your family and thank you for your interest in ABC Head Start!
Steps for Community Agencies Only (Referrals):
- To complete a referral on behalf of a child and family, please contact ABC Head Start after you have completed the application and photocopied the eligibility documents.
- Please d
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR REGISTERED FAMILIES for 2017/2018
Tuesday to Friday
Time: 9:25 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
PM CLASS INFORMATION
Tuesday to Friday
Time: 1:05 – 4:10 p.m.
We have a transportation service contract with Southland Transportation Ltd. We offer transportation to families who live within the bussing boundaries for those who require bussing. If you live outside of the bussing boundaries, you must commit to providing transportation for the entire school year if your child is registered into the program.
Southland Dispatch (780) 466-9696 to report an absence if your child will not be on the bus.
Additional Parent Information (also see 'Our Programs')
- Parent Handbook is available upon request
- Parents as Partners Agency Information (PDF, 15 KB)
- Program Results 2013-2014 Report (PDF)
- Choosing Child Care
- Edmonton Public Schools Quick Guide 2015/2016 (PDF, 1.42MB)