For Parents and Community Agencies
2017/2018 Registration Information
Welcome to ABC Head Start. We are still accepting applications for the 2017/2018 school year. For more information, please click on the links below. Please complete your application and send your eligibility documents to the Administration Office. You can also visit the boundary map tab to see if you live within the catchment area of programming offered through ABC Head Start.
- Eligibility Criteria 2017/2018 School Year
- Registration Events are finished for the spring. Please send an email with your completed application and eligibility documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the Administration Office at (780) 461-5353 Ext. 242 during the summer break if you would like to complete an application over the telephone. You will be contacted once we have received all of the information. Your application and documents will be sent to the site location in your catchment area.
- We still have space at for North Campus, Killarney, West Campus, Duggan, and McKee Program Sites.
- Applications for Millwoods and southeast Edmonton will be put on a waiting list as Millwoods Campus is now full.
- Inquiries, applications and documents that are received from June 19th to the end of August will be sent to the Site Staff at the beginning of September as the site locations are closed during the Summer Break. You will be contacted after September 11 to follow up on the status of your application.
Please watch our video about Registration Events that we hold from March to May each year:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO APPLY:
To Download the application:
- Please click here: APPLICATION Form (Mar 2017) - writeable document 240 KB.
- Save it to your computer to enter the information. Please print the application and send it to the Administration Office.
Ensure that you also have the required eligibility documents as we need to review the information.
Eligibility Documents Required:
- Income verification (2016 Notice of Assessment OR 2016 T4 OR letter of employment OR recent paystubs (60 days or 2 months) OR Income Supports Documents, OR Confirmation of Adult Student Status with confirmation letter from the school, grant disbursement document and school ID OR Self-employment documents which include a financial statement). Please note that you can bring a copy of the 2016 Tax Summary if you have submitted your taxes for all adults in the household.
- Child’s Alberta Health Care card
- Child’s Birth Certificate OR Passport OR
- Citizenship papers (If your child is not a Canadian citizen, you will also be required to show your citizenship papers.)
You can email, fax or mail the information to the Administration Office once Registration Events have finished in your area.
- Email: save a copy of your completed Application Form on your computer and send it as an attachment to email@example.com. Please put your child's name in the Subject Line of the email when you are submitting documents.
- Fax your completed Application to: 780-469-0423
- Mail your completed Application to: ABC Head Start, 9829 – 103 Street, Edmonton, AB T5K 0X9
***Please note: Copies of Eligibility documents listed above are required to process your application.***
Please call us if you have any questions or need assistance filling out this form at 780-461-5353 Ext 242. We look forward to meeting your family and thank you for your interest in ABC Head Start!
Steps for Community Agencies Only (Referrals):
- To complete a referral on behalf of a child and family, please contact ABC Head Start after you have completed the application and photocopied the eligibility documents.
- Please d
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR REGISTERED FAMILIES for 2017/2018
ABC Head Start Program Information for 2017/2018
AM CLASS INFORMATION for FIRST WEEK
First day: Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Time: 9:25 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
PM CLASS INFORMATION for FIRST WEEK
First day: Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Time: 1:05 – 4:10 p.m.
We have a transportation service contract with Southland Transportation Ltd. We offer transportation to families who live within the bussing boundaries for those who require bussing. If you live outside of the bussing boundaries, you must commit to providing transportation for the entire school year if your child is registered into the program.
Additional Parent Information (also see 'Our Programs')
- Parent Handbook is available upon request
- Parents as Partners Agency Information (PDF, 15 KB)
- Program Results 2013-2014 Report (PDF)
- Choosing Child Care
- Edmonton Public Schools Quick Guide 2015/2016 (PDF, 1.42MB)